Re: [6lo] Call for WG adoption of draft-li-6lo-native-short-address-03

"Liguangpeng (Roc, Network Technology Laboratory)" <liguangpeng@huawei.com> Sun, 21 August 2022 00:57 UTC

From: "Liguangpeng (Roc, Network Technology Laboratory)" <liguangpeng@huawei.com>
To: Alexander Pelov <a@ackl.io>
CC: 6lo <6lo@ietf.org>, Luigi IANNONE <luigi.iannone=40huawei.com@dmarc.ietf.org>, longrong <longrong@chinamobile.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2022 00:56:51 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.82.65.32]
Subject: Re: [6lo] Call for WG adoption of draft-li-6lo-native-short-address-03

Dear Alexander,

I think the use case document in 6lo is adequate to record the scenarios. (see 4.1 in https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6lo-use-cases/ ) . For instance, the real world use case provided by Rong Long earlier in ML should be included by “Smart thermostats, air conditioning, and heat controls” item.

BTW, the NSA solution employs LOWPAN compression with some adaption due to adopting native short address. So some scenarios for 6lo are the target of NSA.

There should be more opportunities to discuss how NSA document works in real world after it’s adopted as WG item. After all,  who will care about an individual draft how to be used even it had been presented four times in IETF meeting, right? :-)

Cheers,
Alexander