RE: [6lowpan] Agenda for next meeting

Daniel Park <soohong.park@samsung.com> Mon, 05 March 2007 01:09 UTC

Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 10:09:44 +0900
From: Daniel Park <soohong.park@samsung.com>
Subject: RE: [6lowpan] Agenda for next meeting
To: 'Geoff Mulligan' <geoff@mulligan.com>, 'Carsten Bormann' <cabo@tzi.de>
Cc: '6lowpan' <6lowpan@lists.ietf.org>

inline...

> Here is the complete list of topics that have been suggested
> on this list (in no particular order):
>
> Neighbor Discovery and Secure Neighbor Discovery (proposed
> standard) Stateful header compression (informational) 6lowpan
> applications (informational) mesh routing (proposed standard)
> Security analysis (informational) bootstrapping mobility MIB
> definition service discovery scalable routing commissioning
> power saving schemes (beacons) Architecture document

For group's information here:
* Routing
http://daniel.vsix.net/ietf/6lowpan/draft-daniel-6lowpan-hilow-hierarchical-
routing-01.txt
http://daniel.vsix.net/ietf/6lowpan/draft-daniel-6lowpan-load-adhoc-routing-
01.txt
http://daniel.vsix.net/ietf/6lowpan/draft-montenegro-6lowpan-dymo-low-routin
g-02.txt

*Security
http://daniel.vsix.net/ietf/6lowpan/draft-daniel-6lowpan-security-analysis-0
2.txt

* Service Discovery
http://daniel.vsix.net/ietf/6lowpan/draft-daniel-6lowpan-sslp-01.txt

* MIB
http://daniel.vsix.net/ietf/6lowpan/draft-daniel-lowpan-mib-00.txt

> I see at least 2 very important topics that we need to finish -
>   * Neighbor Discovery for 6lowpan
>   * 6lowpan architecture document
>
> Additionally, we need to reach some consensus on:
>   * Routing (scalable, mesh under, route over)
>   * Security
>   * bootstrapping/commissioning
>
> Since we already have a draft (expired) for ND we should
> seriously consider finishing this work.  We are have a number
> of drafts (also
> expired) and one not expired on routing alternatives.
>
> I think that the main topic for the meeting is the
> rechartering, but I think that it is extremely important that
> we talk with the Manet group and understand if their work can
> apply to 6lowpans.
>
> This understanding though may be based on the network
> architecture that we are trying to build.  This is why I
> think that we should start with defining the 6lowpan arch.

sounds like ZB network architecture ?

Daniel