Re: [6tisch] 6P "design team" session this Friday, same time as interim meeting

Tengfei Chang <tengfei.chang@inria.fr> Thu, 15 December 2016 16:03 UTC

From: Tengfei Chang <tengfei.chang@inria.fr>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2016 17:03:03 +0100
To: Yasuyuki Tanaka <yasuyuki9.tanaka@toshiba.co.jp>
Cc: "6tisch@ietf.org" <6tisch@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [6tisch] 6P "design team" session this Friday, same time as interim meeting

@Thomas, Thanks a lot for the meeting!

@Yatch, I like your comments. Looking forwarding to discuss on it. Here are
two more comments(tiny) from my side :

[slide-17]

ppt>*Section 4.3*: do we wait for a link-layer ACK on the Response (or
Confirmation) before committing the transaction?
ppt> à reponse/confirmation. L2 ACK doesn’t carry any 6P meaning

I agree L2 ACK doesn't carry any 6P meaning. But the node indeed commits
the transaction (adding cell in schedule) after the ACK is sent
out/received.

[slide-21]

ppt> [Q] Are the following sentences correct? They allow a pair of nodes
ppt> to open two transactions in parallel. I think these transactions
ppy> might cause inconsistency in their schedule generations.

draft> Only a single 6P Transaction between two neighbors, in a given
draft> direction, can take place at the same time.
draft> (snip)
draft> Nodes A and B MAY support having two transactions going on at
draft> the same time, one in each direction.

ppt>      Here is a simple example in which nodes update their schedule

ppt>      generation counters after receiving a MAC-level ACK for a 6P

ppt>      Response frame:

ppt>      Step-1: Node A Send Request  (GAB=0, GBA=0) : Queued

ppt>     Step-2: Node B Send Request  (GAB=0, GBA=0) : Queued

ppt>      Step-3: Node B Recv Request                 : Send MAC-ACK

ppt>     Step-4: Node B Send Response (GAB=0, GBA=0) : Queued

ppt>      Step-5: Node A Recv Request                 : Send MAC-ACK

ppt>     Step-6: Node A Send Response (GAB=0, GBA=0) : Queued

ppt>      Step-7: Node A Recv Response                : Send MAC-ACK

ppt>      Step-8: Node B Update GTX/GRX               : (GTX=0, GRX=1)

ppt>      Step-8: Node B Recv Response (GAB=0, GBA=0) : Detect Inconsistency

This is a good point. So this is called because the GAB/GBA is prepended
early.
At the implementation view, this could be solved to add GAB/GBA at when the
queued packet has already being chosen to sent on a cell. This will look
like the ASN in EB.

Tengfei