[76attendees] Kansai/Hiroshima Train Station: ATM/travel to hotel

Sandra Murphy <sandy@sparta.com> Mon, 02 November 2009 17:36 UTC

Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2009 13:36:31 -0400
From: Sandra Murphy <sandy@sparta.com>
To: 76attendees@ietf.org
Subject: [76attendees] Kansai/Hiroshima Train Station: ATM/travel to hotel

>Welcome to Hiroshima!
>
>Hey guys
>

>This site might be useful.
>
>http://www.ietf76.jp/archives.html

Thank you for all the info you have provided.  You have done a wonderful
job.

I am taking one of the recommended itineraries not yet discussed.  I am
traveling to Kansai Airport and by train from there to Hiroshima.

Can anyone way whether I will need cash to purchase the train ticket in
Kansai Airport?  I thought I saw suggestions on some sites that train
ticket purchases need cash, which seems odd.

How can I get from the Hiroshima Airport to my hotel?  I'm staying at the
Oriental Hotel, which does not seem to be within walking distance with
luggage - correct?  I might arrive after sunset.

I found the web site
http://www.kansai-airport.or.jp/en/service/money/index.html with a list of
banks that have ATM machines at the Kansai Airport.  A few, not all, are
available 24 hrs a day.

My apologies if this information has already been posted somewhere.

--Sandy

P.S.  On the web site http://www.ietf76.jp/general/atm/#atm-postoffice,
the atm10.png graphic did not display for me.  Many thanks for the
pictures translating the important buttons (backspace, confirm, etc.).

P.S.  The Post Office web site about use of international cards in post
office ATM machines does not seem to be completely functional - the text
seems to refer to things not displayed, like handling charges, hours when
not available, etc.