RE: [OPS-AREA] RE: [MIB-DOCTORS] RE: [AAA-DOCTORS] Enterprise codes -three or fouroctets

"Natale, Bob" <RNATALE@mitre.org> Thu, 25 January 2007 05:38 UTC

Subject: RE: [OPS-AREA] RE: [MIB-DOCTORS] RE: [AAA-DOCTORS] Enterprise codes -three or fouroctets
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 23:40:35 -0500
From: "Natale, Bob" <RNATALE@mitre.org>
To: David B Harrington <dbharrington@comcast.net>, "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <dromasca@avaya.com>, "Wijnen, Bert (Bert)" <bwijnen@alcatel-lucent.com>, OPS Area <ops-area@ietf.org>
Cc: aaa-doctors@ietf.org, "MIB Doctors (E-mail)" <mib-doctors@ietf.org>

Hi,

Dave's analysis certainly seems correct to me.

Any protocols that limit enterprise values to something less than a
sub-id would seem to be flawed (albeit with low risk of causing
problems per Dan's observations on usage to date...of course, with IPv6
and the changing definition of enterprise in the real world, who knows!
:).

Cheers,
BobN