Re: [Ace] WGLC for draft-ietf-ace-authz

Jim Schaad <ietf@augustcellars.com> Wed, 24 October 2018 18:20 UTC

From: Jim Schaad <ietf@augustcellars.com>
To: 'Ludwig Seitz' <ludwig.seitz@ri.se>, draft-ietf-ace-oauth-authz@ietf.org
CC: ace@ietf.org
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2018 11:20:01 -0700
Subject: Re: [Ace] WGLC for draft-ietf-ace-authz

I would not expect that the locks would all be a single audience.  You might have all of the locks in a single apartment be one audience but you would want to separate the apartments into different security groups.  The cleaning service should be required to obtain a token specific to an apartment and not generally for all apartments.

If you have a situation where a single audience encompasses multiple security objects that are to be controlled differently then you run across the problem that Stefanie was raising where you cannot know which RS to make the token for because you are now needing to map audience, scope and actions all to a different RS which seems to be defeating the purpose of having an audience.

Jim