Re: [Acme] Add a special token parameter in ACME registration

"Andy Ligg" <andy@startssl.com> Tue, 16 August 2016 15:07 UTC

From: Andy Ligg <andy@startssl.com>
To: "'J.C. Jones'" <jjones@mozilla.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2016 23:07:29 +0800
Cc: Acme@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Acme] Add a special token parameter in ACME registration

Currently, we called it as API token if you want to use StartAPI, it is a string like this: tk_dc09cfc9aff5409ea98227e212858669.

We use this API Token together with the API authentication certificate to call our API.

So if we can add this API Token in the ACME registration, then we can bind this customer to his/her StartSSL account, then we know his/her account validation level to issue the correct validation level SSL certificate. If his/her account is Class 4 validation, then we can issue EV SSL certificate.

No more change need in ACME protocol, but for more flexible, we can add a cert type parameter to let the Class 4 validation subscriber can choose to issue EV SSL, OV SSL and DV SSL.

Please advise, thanks.

Andy