Re: [Add] A proposed charter for ABCD

"Mirja Kühlewind (IETF)" <ietf@kuehlewind.net> Mon, 06 January 2020 13:53 UTC

From: "\"Mirja Kühlewind (IETF)\"" <ietf@kuehlewind.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2020 14:53:45 +0100
To: Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie>
Subject: Re: [Add] A proposed charter for ABCD

Hi all,

I agree with Stephan in that I would prefer a more scoped charter.

I see a lot of interest in the ideas around the adaptive DNS work and I think we should build a charter that targets exactly that, as proposed by Tommy, to make sure that at least this piece of concrete work can move forward (quickly).

Other topics/problems can go in to other existing or new working groups. Especially topics related to documenting operational practices, as mentioned below in the charter, we already have a working group for and these topics should be discussed that group, nann my rly dnsops (potentially leading to some rechartering of that group in order to make clear that aspects related to operating and maintaining encrypted DNS traffic and DNS servers are in scope).

Mirja