Re: [ANCP] Question about the Tech Type in draft-ietf-ancp-protocol-05

Sanjay Wadhwa <swadhwa@juniper.net> Tue, 21 April 2009 12:25 UTC

From: Sanjay Wadhwa <swadhwa@juniper.net>
To: Fortune HUANG <fqhuang@huawei.com>, "ancp@ietf.org" <ancp@ietf.org>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 08:24:59 -0400
acceptlanguage: en-US
Subject: Re: [ANCP] Question about the Tech Type in draft-ietf-ancp-protocol-05

Fortune
  Tech Type was originally specified in GSMPv3 drafts (post RFC). 0x01-0x04 was intended to be allocated for existing technologies that were trying to leverage GSMP at the time. Given "Tech type" is not part of base GSMP RFC, and is an ANCP specific extension, it makes sense to define ANCP specific "Tech type" registry where 0x01-0x04 should be available for allocation (we can update the ANCP protocol draft). We don't need to change what has been allocated for DSL (0x05) though. We will need to allocate a value for PON.

Regards
-Sanjay