Re: [Anima] Adoption call for draft-liu-anima-grasp-api-06, ends Dec. 12, 2017

Toerless Eckert <tte@cs.fau.de> Tue, 12 December 2017 08:36 UTC

Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2017 09:36:48 +0100
From: Toerless Eckert <tte@cs.fau.de>
To: Sheng Jiang <jiangsheng@huawei.com>, "anima@ietf.org" <anima@ietf.org>
Cc: "anima-chairs@ietf.org" <anima-chairs@ietf.org>, Carsten Bormann <cabo@tzi.org>
Subject: Re: [Anima] Adoption call for draft-liu-anima-grasp-api-06, ends Dec. 12, 2017

+1 supporting adoption of this document.
Also interested to contribute to the effort.

+1 on Mcr/Carstens suggestion to be fast & furios (don't drag this out for long).

Wrt. to APIs and IETF: I expect that we may need to refine terminology
to pass IESG review, such as maybe requiring us to more often emphasize how
this is an "abstract API", or definition of "northbound service features"
or the like (even in the title).

[ Any time we use the term "API" without further
atribute, there are folks wanting to misinterpret it as a "concrete API"
(for  specific programming language). Which is what the IETF does not like
(and has no real expertise in), and which the draft also not attempts to specify. ]

Cheers
    Toerless