Re: [Apn] [IAB] IETF 111 reports: APN BOF

"Pengshuping (Peng Shuping)" <pengshuping@huawei.com> Tue, 03 August 2021 07:35 UTC

From: "Pengshuping (Peng Shuping)" <pengshuping@huawei.com>
To: David Lake <d.lake=40surrey.ac.uk@dmarc.ietf.org>, "apn@ietf.org" <apn@ietf.org>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2021 07:35:19 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.108.243.114]
Subject: Re: [Apn] [IAB] IETF 111 reports: APN BOF

Hi David,

Thank you for your interest and the information shared! BTW, how is Guildford and Surrey? Missing my time working there. ☺

In this following draft, the third case in the section 5 is about the mobile broadband scenario. From the Figure 3, you can find that the APN domain we focused is limited to the Mobile Transport Network. It seems that here you talked more about the mobile network/path between the UE and the GW if I understood it correctly.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-li-apn-problem-statement-usecases-04

Another point to clarify is that the network edge in APN is owned and controlled by the transport network operator.

At this network edge node of the APN domain, the GTP-u is mapped to a transport network tunnel encapsulation. In your view, what fields in the GTP-u header could be used to construct the APN attribute to be used within the APN domain?

FYI, https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/apn/documents/

Thank you!

Best regards,
Shuping