latest AURP MIB

"Kuang, Fidelia" <KUANG1@applelink.apple.com> Thu, 08 April 1993 08:31 UTC

Date: Thu, 08 Apr 1993 02:19:00 +0000
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: "Kuang, Fidelia" <KUANG1@applelink.apple.com>
Subject: latest AURP MIB
To: APPLE-IP@cayman.com

The latest revision of the AURP MIB is now available for review.  You can get
it from one of 2 locations:
1) Apple's AURP file server on the Internet.
2) anonymous ftp to apple.com.  The document is in the apple-ip directory.
Please address comments to Sari Harrison, sdh@apple.com, or to the list.

Per Bob Jeckell's request, the following are excerpts of Karen's comments on
the ATPortPToP group in the AT MIB+.

Regarding the ATPortPToP group in general, Karen said:
> There used to be an oid in atportPtoP for RTMP, but it was removed.  I think
> people decided the oids should list transport protocols, not routing
> propagation protocols, so RTMP was removed.  I don't think this precludes
> running RTMP over a link if you want to, though.

Regarding RTMP on a point to point link:
> If the link is a point-to-point link I don't see why it wouldn't be
> listed here, whether it's running RTMP or not. The atportPtoP group is
> an extension of the atportTable, used to list information specific to
> point-to-point links.

Regarding AURP & its address on a point to point link:
> The thought was that the AURP address, when AURP is running over IP,
> will have more than just an IP address (for example, the domain
> identifier), so just saying IP wasn't good enough.  That's why AURP says
> to look at the AURP MIB to see what the address should look like.

Fidelia Kuang