Re: [apps-discuss] APPSDIR review of draft-gregorio-uritemplate-07

"Jiankang YAO" <yaojk@cnnic.cn> Thu, 08 December 2011 06:42 UTC

From: Jiankang YAO <yaojk@cnnic.cn>
To: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2011 14:41:56 +0800
Cc: draft-gregorio-uritemplate.all@tools.ietf.org, IETF Apps Discuss <apps-discuss@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [apps-discuss] APPSDIR review of draft-gregorio-uritemplate-07

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Nottingham" <mnot@mnot.net>
To: "Jiankang YAO" <yaojk@cnnic.cn>
Cc: "IETF Apps Discuss" <apps-discuss@ietf.org>; <draft-gregorio-uritemplate.all@tools.ietf.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 07, 2011 5:07 PM

Thanks for the feedback. Responses inline.

On 07/12/2011, at 2:18 PM, Jiankang YAO wrote:

> I have been selected as the Applications Area Directorate reviewer
> for this draft (for background on appsdir, please
> see
> http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/app/trac/wiki/ApplicationsAreaDirectorate
> ).
> Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
> you may receive. Please wait for direction from your document
> shepherd or AD before posting a new version of the draft.
>
> Document: draft-gregorio-uritemplate-07
> Title: URI Template
>
> Reviewer: Jiankang Yao
> Review Date: December 7, 2011

> This draft is almost ready for publication as a Proposed Standard. But before publication, the following
> issues should be considered or addressed.
>
> Major issues:
>

> 1) In section 1.5.  Notational Conventions
>
> There is a repetition of definition of ALPHA, DIGIT, HEXDIG,......
>
> There is a discussion in IETF: we should not give the repetition of definition of ABNF syntax if we can refer it to other documents. The reason is that repetition may bring the errors or misunderstanding.
>
> Suggestion: for example, we just say "ALPHA, DIGIT are imported from RFC5234" instead of repeating
> "ALPHA          =  %x41-5A / %x61-7A   ; A-Z / a-z"

==>Is this a discussion that's already taken place?

yes. the rule has been followed by EAI WG.

> 4)There is a lot of "A URI Template" in section 1, but there is no precise definition of "URI Template" in section 1. The definition seems to appear on section 2.
> Comments: If the readers can understand it clearly, the definition should appear first.

==>Could you make a concrete proposal here?

what is "URI Template" should be defined in section 1.
there is no precise or clear definition of "URI Template" in section 1.

Jiankang Yao