[apps-discuss] AppsAWG status, and communicating with the chairs

Barry Leiba <barryleiba@computer.org> Mon, 01 August 2011 13:33 UTC

Sender: barryleiba@gmail.com
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2011 09:33:15 -0400
From: Barry Leiba <barryleiba@computer.org>
To: Apps Discuss <apps-discuss@ietf.org>
Subject: [apps-discuss] AppsAWG status, and communicating with the chairs

We'll soon have minutes posted for the IETF 81 App Area Working Group
session (and App Area general session), and when they're up we'll
stick a pointer here.  Meanwhile, we reckon that there are seven
documents that this working group will soon take on.  So, confirming
this from the meeting, there was no objection to handling the
following documents in the working group:

The 'about' URI scheme
   http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-holsten-about-uri-scheme

A JSON Media Type for Describing the Structure and Meaning of JSON Documents
   http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zyp-json-schema

Best Current Practices for Handling of Malformed Messages
   [This has already been approved as a working group item:]
   http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-appsawg-malformed-mail

Updating multipart/report
   http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-kucherawy-rfc3462bis

Update to MIME regarding Charset Parameter Handling in Textual Media Types
   http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-melnikov-mime-default-charset

Use of the "X-" Prefix in Application Protocols
   http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-saintandre-xdash

Media Type Specifications and Registration Procedures
   http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-freed-media-type-regs
-------------------

Please post any objections to this list here.  Assuming none, we'll
start work on them as soon as we can.  The chairs need to decide which
of us is shepherding which document, and we'll present them to the
working group two or three at a time for concentrated discussion.
Discussion of all of them is welcome at any time, though, even if
we're not concentrating on it just then.

The chairs are subscribed to the mailing list, so there's no need to
copy the chairs on anything posted to the list.  But if you want to
communicate with the chairs off list, please include all of us by
using the tools alias, <appsawg-chairs@tools.ietf.org>.  If you just
pick one or two of us to address, the one(s) who aren't included miss
that part of the conversation.  Even though I might be the only one
active in a conversation about a document I'm shepherding, it's useful
to have the other chairs kept up on the situation.

Similarly, you can address the Area Directors with
<appsawg-ads@tools.ietf.org>, and that also avoids errors or omissions
when you need to communicate with them off list.

We'll try to get the work divvied up and start active work on the
documents above within the next week or two.

Barry, appsawg chair