[Asap] Robert Wilton's No Objection on draft-ietf-asap-siptrunkingcapability-link-03: (with COMMENT)

Robert Wilton via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Wed, 12 April 2023 10:40 UTC

From: Robert Wilton via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-asap-siptrunkingcapability-link@ietf.org, asap-chairs@ietf.org, asap@ietf.org, mahoney@nostrum.com, mahoney@nostrum.com
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2023 03:40:31 -0700
Subject: [Asap] Robert Wilton's No Objection on draft-ietf-asap-siptrunkingcapability-link-03: (with COMMENT)

Robert Wilton has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-asap-siptrunkingcapability-link-03: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-asap-siptrunkingcapability-link/

COMMENT:

Hi,

Thanks for this short document.

>From reading this document, it wasn't clear to me as to what the exact
relationship is between this document and I-D.ietf-asap-sip-auto-peer.
Specifically, is I-D.ietf-asap-sip-auto-peer just an example of what might be
found using 'sip-trunking-capability' or is it the only capability document
that would expect to be found at that location?  Based on the answer to this
question, it might be helpful for the text in section 4 to be more proscriptive
of the relationship, and perhaps check that the text is section 1 and 2 also
describes this clearly.

In terms of document process, I was slightly surprised to see:
(a) this as Informational rather than Standards Track - I guess that
Informational is sufficient, but Standards Track may have been clearer to a
reader; (b) that ietf-asap-sip-auto-peer is only an informative reference
rather than a normative reference (which goes back to my original question
above); (c) this as a separate document to ietf-asap-sip-auto-peer, which also
goes back to my original question above.

Regards,
Rob