Re: [auth48] AUTH48: RFC-to-be 9280 <draft-iab-rfcefdp-rfced-model-13> for your review

Rebecca VanRheenen <rvanrheenen@amsl.com> Sat, 25 June 2022 05:22 UTC

From: Rebecca VanRheenen <rvanrheenen@amsl.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2022 22:22:46 -0700
Cc: RFC Editor <rfc-editor@rfc-editor.org>, Brian Rosen <br@brianrosen.net>, iab@ietf.org, auth48archive@rfc-editor.org, Eliot Lear <lear@lear.ch>
To: Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter@stpeter.im>
Subject: Re: [auth48] AUTH48: RFC-to-be 9280 <draft-iab-rfcefdp-rfced-model-13> for your review

Hi Peter,

As you requested, we will wait to make changes per your proposed edits until you receive input from the Program chairs and IAB. Please let us know when you are ready for us to make updates.

We did want to address these two questions:

> SECTION 3.2.3
>
> This line break in the TXT and PDF formats seems unfortunate:
>
> TXT
>
>  such input by, at a minimum, sending a notice to the rfc-
>  interest@rfc-editor.org (mailto:rfc-interest@rfc-editor.org) email
>
> PDF
>
>  ... sending a notice to the rfc-interest@rfc-
>  editor.org email discussion list
>
> Perhaps we could structure the text such that the email address does not break across lines?

> SECTION 4.5
>
> Here again we have an unfortunate line break for an email address:
>
> TXT
>
>  Series.  Such inquiries should be directed to the rfc-editor@rfc-
>  editor.org (mailto:rfc-editor@rfc-editor.org) email alias or to its
>
> PDF
>
>  Such inquiries should be directed to the rfc-
>  editor@rfc-editor.org email alias
>
> Perhaps these can be adjusted?

We can use &nbhy; to prevent these from breaking across lines. We added &nbhy; in both instances and reposted the files so that you can see what the output looks like. We believe this does improve the txt and pdf outputs; let us know if you agree.

Updated files:
  https://www.rfc-editor.org/authors/rfc9280.txt
  https://www.rfc-editor.org/authors/rfc9280.pdf
  https://www.rfc-editor.org/authors/rfc9280.html
  https://www.rfc-editor.org/authors/rfc9280.xml

Diff files:
  https://www.rfc-editor.org/authors/rfc9280-diff.html (comprehensive diff)
  https://www.rfc-editor.org/authors/rfc9280-rfcdiff.html (side-by-side comprehensive diff)
  https://www.rfc-editor.org/authors/rfc9280-auth48diff.html (shows AUTH48 changes)

For the AUTH48 status of this document, please see:
  https://www.rfc-editor.org/auth48/rfc9280

Thank you!
RFC Editor/rv