Re: [auth48] AUTH48: RFC-to-be 9280 <draft-iab-rfcefdp-rfced-model-13> for your review

Rebecca VanRheenen <rvanrheenen@amsl.com> Wed, 22 June 2022 05:14 UTC

From: Rebecca VanRheenen <rvanrheenen@amsl.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2022 22:14:10 -0700
Cc: RFC Editor <rfc-editor@rfc-editor.org>, Brian Rosen <br@brianrosen.net>, iab@ietf.org, auth48archive@rfc-editor.org, Eliot Lear <lear@lear.ch>
To: Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter@stpeter.im>
Subject: Re: [auth48] AUTH48: RFC-to-be 9280 <draft-iab-rfcefdp-rfced-model-13> for your review

Hi Peter,

Thank you for including the correct email address for Eliot.

We updated the document per your responses to our followup questions. While making the change from “email list” to “discussion list”, we noted that the document includes several instances of “email discussion list”. Are these okay as is, or do you prefer “discussion list” for these as well? Aside from this, the only other open issue is the possible IAB note. We’ll wait to hear what the IAB decides on this.

Updated files:
  https://www.rfc-editor.org/authors/rfc9280.txt
  https://www.rfc-editor.org/authors/rfc9280.pdf
  https://www.rfc-editor.org/authors/rfc9280.html
  https://www.rfc-editor.org/authors/rfc9280.xml

Diff files:
  https://www.rfc-editor.org/authors/rfc9280-diff.html (comprehensive diff)
  https://www.rfc-editor.org/authors/rfc9280-rfcdiff.html (side-by-side comprehensive diff)
  https://www.rfc-editor.org/authors/rfc9280-auth48diff.html (shows AUTH48 changes)

For the AUTH48 status of this document, please see:
 https://www.rfc-editor.org/auth48/rfc9280

Thank you,
RFC Editor/rv

> [...]
>> 2)
>>>
>>> Yes, let's change it to:
>>>
>>>   The RSAB seeks such input by, at a minimum, sending a notice to the
>>>   rfc-interest@rfc-editor.org email list or to its successor or future
>>>   equivalent.
>>>
>>> Do we have a convention on "email list" vs. "discussion list"? I recall that, for instance, in RFC 8141 we refer to "the urn@ietf.org discussion list".
>> We updated this sentence to include rfc-interest@rfc-editor.org. Note that we used <eref> with “mailto:” as was done elsewhere in the document for rfc-editor@rfc-editor.org. The output looks different in the txt vs the html/pdf outputs, so please review.
>> Both "email list” and "discussion list” have been used in published RFCs. We will go with your preference.
>
> Thanks. I have a slight preference for "discussion list".
>
>> 3)
>>>
>>> Those are all good.

>>> I would prefer not to make that change.

>>> Good catch.
>> For the terms above, which form do you prefer? The form on the right, except for "RFC Series Policy Definition process vs. policy definition process”? Are any updates need for "RFC Series Policy Definition process vs. policy definition process”?
>
> For the sake of consistency, let's change the one instance of "policy definition process" (in step 3 of Section 3.2.2) to "RFC Series Policy Definition process".
>
>> 4) Please review "reserved to” in the following sentence. Would one of the following options improve this sentence?
>> Original:
>>    (Note that the Editorial Stream is not authorized to
>>    publish RFCs that are Standards Track or Best Current Practice, since
>>    such RFCs are reserved to the IETF Stream [RFC8729].)
>> Perhaps:
>>   (Note that the Editorial Stream is not authorized to
>>    publish RFCs that are Standards Track or Best Current Practice, since
>>    such RFCs are only published in the IETF Stream [RFC8729].)
>> Or:
>>   (Note that the Editorial Stream is not authorized to
>>    publish RFCs that are Standards Track or Best Current Practice, since
>>    such statuses are reserved for the IETF Stream [RFC8729].)
>
> Let's change "reserved to" to "reserved for".
>
> Peter
>
>> ____________________
>> Updated files:
>>    https://www.rfc-editor.org/authors/rfc9280.txt
>>    https://www.rfc-editor.org/authors/rfc9280.pdf
>>    https://www.rfc-editor.org/authors/rfc9280.html
>>    https://www.rfc-editor.org/authors/rfc9280.xml
>> Diff files:
>>    https://www.rfc-editor.org/authors/rfc9280-diff.html (comprehensive diff)
>>    https://www.rfc-editor.org/authors/rfc9280-rfcdiff.html (side-by-side comprehensive diff)
>>    https://www.rfc-editor.org/authors/rfc9280-auth48diff.html (shows AUTH48 changes)
>> For the AUTH48 status of this document, please see:

>>> publication
>>> RFC
>>> series