Re: [Autoconf] AUTOCONF Problem Statement: reviews needed.

"Teco Boot" <teco@inf-net.nl> Wed, 20 February 2008 16:43 UTC

From: Teco Boot <teco@inf-net.nl>
To: 'Simone Ruffino' <simone.ruffino@telecomitalia.it>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 17:42:44 +0100
Cc: autoconf@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Autoconf] AUTOCONF Problem Statement: reviews needed.
Sender: autoconf-bounces@ietf.org

I do not want to suggest a solution at this moment. After Philly, I will.
My intention was to make clear taht it is hard for a MANET node to select a
source address that is appropriate for communication with nodes outside a
multi-homed MANET. And that for a MANET router connected host, it is
undoable. I think try-and-error is not an acceptable solution.
I always thought this is an important real world issue. Your effort on this
is some evidence;-)
Teco.