RE: [Autoconf] RE: [Manemo] FW: I-DACTION:draft-templin-autoconf-dhcp-05.txt

"Templin, Fred L" <Fred.L.Templin@boeing.com> Mon, 19 February 2007 15:18 UTC

Subject: RE: [Autoconf] RE: [Manemo] FW: I-DACTION:draft-templin-autoconf-dhcp-05.txt
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 07:17:35 -0800
From: "Templin, Fred L" <Fred.L.Templin@boeing.com>
To: Jim.Bound@hp.com, alexandru.petrescu@motorola.com
Cc: autoconf@ietf.org, manemo@mobileip.jp, "Chakeres, Ian D" <ian.d.chakeres@boeing.com>, manet@ietf.org, "Yi, Seung" <Seung.Yi@boeing.com>

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the comments. I was getting ready to send out
an update that includes NA/NS as well as RA/RS, and based
on your comments can also relax the CGA language. Also,
DHCP may not be the only way, but DAD considerations for
SLAAC need further study.

I do not know whether the autoconf group will pick this
up as a wg item but will keep on with an individual sub
until told otherwise. Hope the work will be useful in
whatever context.

Fred
fred.l.templin@boeing.com