Re: [Autoconf] WG Review: Recharter of Ad-Hoc Network Autoconfiguration (autoconf)

"Teco Boot" <teco@inf-net.nl> Wed, 04 March 2009 19:19 UTC

From: Teco Boot <teco@inf-net.nl>
To: 'Alexandru Petrescu' <alexandru.petrescu@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 20:18:51 +0100
Cc: autoconf@ietf.org, iesg@ietf.org, T.Clausen@computer.org
Subject: Re: [Autoconf] WG Review: Recharter of Ad-Hoc Network Autoconfiguration (autoconf)

Inline.

|-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----

I think the addressing model has little to do with the method how to assign
and configure the addresses. This is a next step. I wonder if any model
exclude what you are asking for. Worried for some reason???

I would not suggest working with static routes in a mobile ad hoc network.

I agree on the last one, the model should apply to other MANET Routing
Protocols as well. OSPF-MANET is an important one, not forgetting others,
including multicast.

|Also suggest: specifically mention which link-layers are being
|considered for ad-hoc networks.  I personally consider 802.11, 802.15.4,
|wired Ethernet, USB and eventually 802.16.  If anybody else considers
|other link-layers please mention them.

I consider other link layers, but I will not mention them. I do not know all
details or even a complete list. And if I would, it doesn't help. I think it
is sufficient and more useful to describe the MANET link characteristics.

Teco.