Re: [AVTCORE] Regardingdraft-ietf-avtcore-feedback-supression-rtp-15

Qin Wu <bill.wu@huawei.com> Tue, 20 March 2012 02:16 UTC

From: Qin Wu <bill.wu@huawei.com>
To: "Van Caenegem, Tom (Tom)" <tom.van_caenegem@alcatel-lucent.com>, IETF AVTCore WG <avt@ietf.org>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 10:15:36 +0800
Subject: Re: [AVTCORE] Regardingdraft-ietf-avtcore-feedback-supression-rtp-15

Hi, Tom:
Thank for your proposed text. I agree that reorgnizing security section in the compact manner makes sense to me since RFC4585 security consideration also applies to this document.
I like to change the second paragraph in the security section your proposed a little bit.
Your proposed text
"
More specifically, spoofed or maliciously created TPLR feedback messages give rise to (undesired) feedback supression at RTCP receivers that accept such TPLR messages. Any packet loss detected by a receiver and where this RTP receiver also receives a TPLR message for the same missing packet(s), will negatively impact the application that relies on the (timely) RTP retransmission capabilities.

"
New Text:
"
More specifically, spoofed or maliciously created TPLR feedback messages cause missing RTP packets to not be repaired in a timely fashion and add risk of (undesired) feedback supression at RTCP receivers that accept such TPLR messages. Any packet loss detected by a receiver and where this RTP receiver also receives a TPLR message for the same missing packet(s), will negatively impact the application that relies on the (timely) RTP retransmission capabilities.
"
Hope this make sense.

Regards!
-Qin