Re: [AVT] [MMUSIC] spatial-resolution parameter for RFC 3984bis

"Even, Roni" <roni.even@polycom.co.il> Tue, 29 July 2008 15:14 UTC

Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 18:13:37 +0300
From: "Even, Roni" <roni.even@polycom.co.il>
To: Randell Jesup <rjesup@wgate.com>, kyunghun.jung@samsung.com
Cc: Ingemar Johansson S <ingemar.s.johansson@ericsson.com>, mmusic@ietf.org, avt@ietf.org, Ye-Kui.Wang@nokia.com
Subject: Re: [AVT] [MMUSIC] spatial-resolution parameter for RFC 3984bis
Sender: avt-bounces@ietf.org

Hi,
First of all, ITU-T documents in pdf format are free at
http://www.itu.int/rec/T-REC/e

As for custom format inH.263. RFC 4629 section 8.1.1 had the custom
resolution, no relation to specific level.

CUSTOM: Specifies the MPI (Minimum Picture Interval) for a
      custom-defined resolution.  The custom parameter receives three
      comma-separated values, Xmax, Ymax, and MPI.  The Xmax and Ymax
      parameters describe the number of pixels in the X and Y axis and
      must be evenly divisible by 4.  The permissible values for MPI are
      integer values from 1 to 32, which correspond to a maximum frame
      rate of 30/(1.001 *the specified value).

Also note the next sentence

      A system that declares support of a specific MPI for one of the
      resolutions SHALL also implicitly support a lower resolution with
      the same MPI.

Roni Even

If