Re: [AVTCORE] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC4733 (3451)

"Art Allison" <AAllison@nab.org> Tue, 15 January 2013 15:58 UTC

Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 10:58:15 -0500
From: Art Allison <AAllison@nab.org>
To: Tom Taylor <tom.taylor.stds@gmail.com>
Cc: schulzrinne@cs.columbia.edu, xavier.marjou@orange.com, avt@ietf.org, even.roni@huawei.com
Subject: Re: [AVTCORE] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC4733 (3451)

IMNSHO, for this provision to have any impact "same timestamp base" must mean the same clock source as well as the same units.
Use of the same units from a different clock source than the 'regular' audio results in an indeterminate timing relationship for rendered elements.
(would have pruned names but I do not know that all are on the avt list.)

Art Allison
Senior Director Advanced Engineering, Technology
National Association of Broadcasters
1771 N Street NW
Washington, DC 20036
Phone  202 429 5418