Re: [AVTCORE] I-D Action: draft-ietf-avtcore-monarch-06.txt

Colin Perkins <csp@csperkins.org> Tue, 15 November 2011 05:41 UTC

From: Colin Perkins <csp@csperkins.org>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 13:40:32 +0800
To: Qin Wu <bill.wu@huawei.com>
Cc: "avt@ietf.org" <avt@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [AVTCORE] I-D Action: draft-ietf-avtcore-monarch-06.txt

I have two quick comments on this version.

This new IANA Considerations text says:

   At the time of writing, the consumption of XR block code points isn't
   a major issue.  However when XR block codes points is really close to
   run out of space, it might be desirable to define new fields encoded
   as TLV elements in the XR report block or define one XR block type
   for vendor-specific extensions, with an enterprise number included to
   identify the vendor making the extension.

This is not actionable by IANA, so I think it should be changed back to the previous wording of "There is no IANA action in this document".

Section 5.3 "proposes to define a new XR block". This would probably be better phrased as "draft-… defines a new XR block", since the definition has already happened.

Colin