[AVT] RE: Doubts in draft-ietf-avt-rfc2429-bis-09.txt

"Even, Roni" <roni.even@polycom.co.il> Thu, 30 November 2006 07:32 UTC

Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 09:32:11 +0200
From: "Even, Roni" <roni.even@polycom.co.il>
To: "Huve, Frederic" <frederic.huve@hp.com>
Cc: AVT WG <avt@ietf.org>
Subject: [AVT] RE: Doubts in draft-ietf-avt-rfc2429-bis-09.txt

Frederick,
Yes, The answerer May send a re-INVITE with QCIF to ensure that it will
receive QCIF and not CIF.

As for the suggestion to add offer answer, I think it may be a bit late
since it is in author48 but we intend to have a new and what we hope
last revision that will be the candidate for a proposed standard that
will clear all issues after deployment.

I suggest starting implementing based on this draft mostly since RFC2429
did not have the mechanism to specify resolution and frame rates.

Roni

QCIF
> at 15 frames per second on lower.
> So both answers are correct.
>
> The sentence from RFC2429 means that if the offer specified QCIF=2 it
> means that it can receive SQCIF=2 or lower but not SQCIF=1. It does
not
> say what resolution and at which frame rate it will send.
>

> From 2429bis
>
> Picture sizes and MPI:
>
>    Supported picture sizes and their corresponding minimum picture
> interval (MPI) information for H.263 can be combined.  All picture
sizes
> can be advertised to the other party, or only a subset of it. Terminal
> announces only those picture sizes (with their MPIs) which it is
willing
> to receive.  For example, MPI=2 means that maximum(decodable) picture
> rate per second is about 15.
>

> Roni

**
> PineApp Mail-SeCure for the presence of malicious code, vandals &
computer
> viruses.

**