[AVT] RE: Doubts in draft-ietf-avt-rfc2429-bis-09.txt

"Even, Roni" <roni.even@polycom.co.il> Wed, 29 November 2006 07:14 UTC

Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 09:14:23 +0200
From: "Even, Roni" <roni.even@polycom.co.il>
To: "Huve, Frederic" <frederic.huve@hp.com>
Cc: AVT WG <avt@ietf.org>
Subject: [AVT] RE: Doubts in draft-ietf-avt-rfc2429-bis-09.txt

Frederick,
The picture size and MPI parameter specify receiver capability (see in
the text from 2429bis bellow), it does not imply what will be sent since
asymmetry is allowed. So if the answerer specified CIF=1 it means that
it can receive CIF at upto 30 frames per second, it must only send QCIF
at 15 frames per second on lower.
So both answers are correct.

The sentence from RFC2429 means that if the offer specified QCIF=2 it
means that it can receive SQCIF=2 or lower but not SQCIF=1. It does not
say what resolution and at which frame rate it will send.

>From 2429bis

Picture sizes and MPI:

   Supported picture sizes and their corresponding minimum picture
interval (MPI) information for H.263 can be combined.  All picture sizes
can be advertised to the other party, or only a subset of it. Terminal
announces only those picture sizes (with their MPIs) which it is willing
to receive.  For example, MPI=2 means that maximum(decodable) picture
rate per second is about 15.

Roni

"
> A system that declares support of a specific MPI for one of the
> resolutions SHALL also implicitly support a lower resolution with the
> same MPI."
>
> In order to be compliant the answerer should instead responds with the
> following SDP answer:
>
> m=video 8002 RTP/AVP 96
> a=rtpmap:96 H263-1998/90000
> a=fmtp:96 CIF=2
> a=sendrecv
>

> Warm thanks for your time !
> Regards,
> Frederic
>
> frederic.huve@hp.com

**
> PineApp Mail-SeCure for the presence of malicious code, vandals &
computer
> viruses.

**