[AVTCORE] Robert Wilton's No Objection on draft-ietf-avtcore-cryptex-06: (with COMMENT)

Robert Wilton via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Mon, 13 June 2022 14:42 UTC

From: Robert Wilton via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-avtcore-cryptex@ietf.org, avtcore-chairs@ietf.org, avt@ietf.org, bernard.aboba@gmail.com, bernard.aboba@gmail.com
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2022 07:42:40 -0700
Subject: [AVTCORE] Robert Wilton's No Objection on draft-ietf-avtcore-cryptex-06: (with COMMENT)

Robert Wilton has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-avtcore-cryptex-06: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtcore-cryptex/

COMMENT:

Hi,

I don't know RTP at all, but found that document very clear and easy to read,
so thank you for that.

Only one trivial comment:

   If the packet contains solely one-byte extension ids, the 16-bit RTP
   header extension tag MUST be set to 0xC0DE to indicate that the
   encryption has been applied, and the one-byte framing is being used.
   If the packet contains only two-byte extension ids, the header
   extension tag MUST be set to 0xC2DE to indicate encryption has been
   applied, and the two-byte framing is being used.

This text doesn't say what to do if the packet contained a mix of 1 and 2 byte
extension-ids.  My presumption is that this isn't allowed.  I will leave it to
the authors to decide whether to clarify this, but acknowledge that it may be
obvious to everyone familiar with RTP ...

Regards,
Rob