[AVT] RE: Comments on draft-ietf-avt-compact-bundled-evrc-06.txt

"Kapoor, Rohit" <rkapoor@qualcomm.com> Mon, 19 June 2006 23:32 UTC

Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 16:31:50 -0700
From: "Kapoor, Rohit" <rkapoor@qualcomm.com>
To: Adam Li <adamli@hyervision.com>, Qiaobing Xie <Qiaobing.Xie@motorola.com>
Cc: Colin Perkins <csp@csperkins.org>, AVT WG <avt@ietf.org>
Subject: [AVT] RE: Comments on draft-ietf-avt-compact-bundled-evrc-06.txt

Adam,

In order to address your concern, we propose to add the following text
for detection of DTX, at the end of Section 1.3.

"An RTP receiver can detect that it is in a DTX period using information
from RTP sequence number and timestamp, since RTP sequence number
increments for each transmitted packet, whereas RTP timestamp increments
regardless of whether frame is transmitted or dropped due to DTX [RFC
3550]".

Please let us know if this addresses your concern.

Thanks,
Rohit