RE: [AVT] File format for EVRC/SMV vocoder

Harinath Garudadri <hgarudad@qualcomm.com> Mon, 17 March 2003 05:19 UTC

Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 16:12:22 -0800
To: Jae-Yong Lee <jlee@nextreaming.com>, Pete McCann <mccap@lucent.com>, Randall Gellens <randy@qualcomm.com>
From: Harinath Garudadri <hgarudad@qualcomm.com>
Subject: RE: [AVT] File format for EVRC/SMV vocoder
Cc: "Lars-Erik Jonsson (EAB)" <Lars-Erik.Jonsson@epl.ericsson.se>, Adam Li <adamli@icsl.ucla.edu>, Ietf-Avt <avt@ietf.org>, casner@acm.org, Scott Bradner <sob@harvard.edu>, Colin Perkins <csp@csperkins.org>, Allison Mankin <mankin@psg.com>, mdturner@lucent.com, smathai@lucent.com, lioy@qualcomm.com, zeng@packetvideo.com, sherwood@packetvideo.com, villa@icsl.ucla.edu, yllee@samsung.com, jeonghoon@samsung.com, tom.hiller@lucent.com, David.Leon@nokia.com, nleung@qualcomm.com, dgal@lucent.com, ajayrajkumar@lucent.com, magnus.westerlund@era-t.ericsson.se, vbharga@cisco.com, craig.greer@nokia.com, magda@qualcomm.com, ned.freed@mrochek.com, hgarudad@qualcomm.com, csp@isi.edu, sakazawa@kddilabs.jp
Sender: avt-admin@ietf.org

At 08:04 AM 3/17/2003 +0900, Jae-Yong Lee wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>To my best knowledge, QT is supporting QCELP "codec"
>(in QT file format), not the .qcp file format.

I was able to create a qcp file in my Eudora client and send to someone who
uses a different email client. When he launched Quicktime for this file, he
was able to play the file as is and also convert the file to .mov format.
Here is the .mov version of the file for those who have Quicktime.

Hari Garudadri (from Vancouver, B.C.)
mobile : 858-229-2801