Re: [AVT] Payload format specifications for adoption as WG items

"DRAGE, Keith (Keith)" <keith.drage@alcatel-lucent.com> Thu, 08 April 2010 01:35 UTC

From: "DRAGE, Keith (Keith)" <keith.drage@alcatel-lucent.com>
To: Roni Even <Even.roni@huawei.com>, "avt@ietf.org" <avt@ietf.org>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2010 03:35:31 +0200
acceptlanguage: en-US
Subject: Re: [AVT] Payload format specifications for adoption as WG items

(As WG cochair)

Regarding D (https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-arbeiter-rtp-klv/ ), I did not see anything in your comments earlier today that indicated that the document was going in completely the wrong direction, all these things looked like things that would sort themselves out as a result of normal WG discussion, and therefore not an issue for adopting as WG draft - that is of course a matter of judgement. However I would encourage the authors to submit a revised version of the author draft, and we'll give a few extra days for the adoption call for that document taking into the revision (unless there are other more major issues identified).

Regarding F, the document in its expired form is available at the link specified https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-valin-celt-rtp-profile/ even though it has expired, so I do expect AVT members to have access to the contents, and to be able to respond to the call.

Regarding G, https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wang-avt-rtp-mvc/ I notice the authors have clarified offline that they are intending that SVC and MVC will proceed independently. Does the AVT WG regard that as an issue?

(I should have added in the first message that comments on the documents are also welcome to the list as you review them, but please may clear whether you expect them to be addressed as the document goes forward in the WG, or whether you think it is blocking on adoption).

regards

Keith