[AVT] New I-D on JVT/H.26L packetization

Stephan Wenger <stewe@cs.tu-berlin.de> Sun, 24 February 2002 17:32 UTC

Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 18:27:09 +0100
To: avt@ietf.org
From: Stephan Wenger <stewe@cs.tu-berlin.de>
Cc: thomas Stockhammer <stockhammer@ei.tum.de>, miska.hannuksela@nokia.com
Subject: [AVT] New I-D on JVT/H.26L packetization
Sender: avt-admin@ietf.org

Folks,

My new draft for an RTP packetization scheme for JVT video (aka H.26L, aka
forthcoming MPEG-4 Part 10) is now available from the I-D archives as
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wenger-avt-rtp-jvt-00.txt.

This draft is under development by Tom, Miska, and myself since quite some
time.  It is submitted by the authors, and not on behalf of the whole JVT
group, as there are people in this group who would prefer to see an
approach that is more aligned with other payload specifications,
particularly with the MPEG-4 multisl draft.

While we have had more than 10 turnaround between us authors, this is still
a true -00 draft, with a lot of known (and undoubtly many unknown)
problems.  Any help on spotting and solving such problems is, as usual,
appreciated.  Also, the video coding standard, and particularly the Network
Adpatation Layer is not yet set in stone, and we hope to receive valuable
input at the AVT meeting to make the video coding itself more network friendly.

One of the key problems of the development (and the review) of this draft
is that JVT doesn't have a complete, accurate, and up-to-date description
of the video syntax, or, more precisely, the syntax of the Network
Adaptation Layer.  A document describing this syntax and the rationales
behind it is currently in preparation, and I will advise you on this
mailing list as soon as it is available.  For now, the references in the
draft will have to suffice.

Best regards
Stephan