RE: [AVT] CCM draft review -- should "bandwidth" include theheaderoverhead

"Desineni, Harikishan" <hdesinen@qualcomm.com> Mon, 12 February 2007 20:26 UTC

Subject: RE: [AVT] CCM draft review -- should "bandwidth" include theheaderoverhead
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 12:26:18 -0800
From: "Desineni, Harikishan" <hdesinen@qualcomm.com>
To: Stephan Wenger <stewe@stewe.org>, "Even, Roni" <roni.even@polycom.co.il>
Cc: Randell Jesup <rjesup@wgate.com>, Magnus Westerlund <magnus.westerlund@ericsson.com>, avt@ietf.org

That doesn't sound good to me. It complicates the definition and
confuses the implementers on what to use and when.

Just one definition for TMMBR would be cleaner. Majority is towards
using it as pure media bitrate.

I don't think 3GPP SA4 understand transport details that well as it is
not their core area. They depend on IETF to decide what is good in
general.

Thanks,
Hari

TIAS
> >> calculation?  If this is an RTP/RTCP-aware midbox, it could adjust
BW