Re: [BEHAVE] Changes on draft-ietf-behave-v4v6-bih-08.txt

Cameron Byrne <cb.list6@gmail.com> Fri, 23 December 2011 12:06 UTC

Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 04:06:48 -0800
From: Cameron Byrne <cb.list6@gmail.com>
To: teemu.savolainen@nokia.com
Cc: behave@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [BEHAVE] Changes on draft-ietf-behave-v4v6-bih-08.txt

On Dec 23, 2011 2:31 AM, <teemu.savolainen@nokia.com> wrote:

> Behave WG,
>
> A new revision of BIH was made to respond to comments given by IESG. In
addition to some clarifications best seen in diff (
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-behave-v4v6-bih-08), the main
changes were:
> - Introduction of 1.1 Terminology section
> - Significantly revising section 8.  Changes since RFC2767 and RFC3338
>
> Then there was question from Pete Resnick: "MUST the ENR wait for an
explicit negative
> response on the A record lookup, or can it synthesize from the AAAA in
other
> circumstances? Probably best to explicitly say so." For this following
text was added:
> --
> If no reply for A query is received after 300 ms since reception of
positive AAAA response, the ENR MAY choose to proceed as if there were only
AAAA record available for the destination.
> --

Do you have any data to support 300ms?  My concern is the highly latent
wireless networks will not work best with 300 ms.

Cb

Of ext internet-drafts@ietf.org
> Sent: 23. joulukuuta 2011 09:24
> To: i-d-announce@ietf.org
> Cc: behave@ietf.org
> Subject: [BEHAVE] I-D Action: draft-ietf-behave-v4v6-bih-08.txt

directories. This draft is a work item of the Behavior Engineering for
Hindrance Avoidance Working Group of the IETF.