Re: [BEHAVE] Changes on draft-ietf-behave-v4v6-bih-08.txt

<teemu.savolainen@nokia.com> Fri, 23 December 2011 12:57 UTC

From: teemu.savolainen@nokia.com
To: cb.list6@gmail.com
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 12:57:52 +0000
x-originating-ip: [88.115.224.28]
Cc: behave@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [BEHAVE] Changes on draft-ietf-behave-v4v6-bih-08.txt

The host should send A and AAAA in parallel, hence one would assume in usual case replies should arrive roughly at the same time. This 300ms is for difference on reply arrival times and hence should not depend much on access network latency. If the host sends queries in series, then it would be different thing. I was also considering reference to Happy Eyeballs draft: draft-ietf-v6ops-happy-eyeballs-07 , but thought maybe not..

If it is hard to agree on specific time, we could just say instead:"If no reply for A query is received after ENR implementation specific timeout, after reception of positive AAAA response, the ENR MAY choose to proceed as if there were only AAAA record available for the destination."

Best regards,

Teemu