[bess] Warren Kumari's Discuss on draft-ietf-bess-datacenter-gateway-10: (with DISCUSS)

Warren Kumari via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Wed, 19 May 2021 00:03 UTC

From: Warren Kumari via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-bess-datacenter-gateway@ietf.org, bess-chairs@ietf.org, bess@ietf.org, Matthew Bocci <matthew.bocci@nokia.com>, matthew.bocci@nokia.com
Date: Tue, 18 May 2021 17:03:31 -0700
Subject: [bess] Warren Kumari's Discuss on draft-ietf-bess-datacenter-gateway-10: (with DISCUSS)

Warren Kumari has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-bess-datacenter-gateway-10: Discuss

introductory paragraph, however.)

for more information about DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-datacenter-gateway/

DISCUSS:

I hope that I'm just misunderstanding something obvious, but I strongly support
John's DISCUSS -- when SR was "approved" it was with the understanding that it
would only be used within "real" limited domains, and would never be sent
outside of closed/limited network.

The document says: "The solution defined in this document can be seen in the
broader context of SR domain interconnection in
[I-D.farrel-spring-sr-domain-interconnect]. ", which says: " Traffic
originating in one SR domain often terminates in another SR domain, but must
transit a backbone network that provides interconnection between those
domains." -- is it unclear to me if this is really what is being proposed...

I'm hoping that I'm really misunderstanding something here -- please educate me.