[bess] Mirja Kühlewind's No Objection on draft-ietf-bess-evpn-df-election-framework-07: (with COMMENT)

Mirja Kühlewind <ietf@kuehlewind.net> Thu, 10 January 2019 11:16 UTC

From: Mirja Kühlewind <ietf@kuehlewind.net>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-bess-evpn-df-election-framework@ietf.org, Stephane Litkowski <stephane.litkowski@orange.com>, bess-chairs@ietf.org, stephane.litkowski@orange.com, bess@ietf.org
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2019 03:16:16 -0800
Subject: [bess] Mirja Kühlewind's No Objection on draft-ietf-bess-evpn-df-election-framework-07: (with COMMENT)

Mirja Kühlewind has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-bess-evpn-df-election-framework-07: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-df-election-framework/

COMMENT:

First one minor editorial comment:
Sec 3.2 "Otherwise if even a single advertisement for the type-4 route is
       not received with the locally configured DF Alg and capability,
       the Default DF Election algorithm (modulus) algorithm MUST be
       used as in [RFC7432]."
I believe you meant a single advertisement is received without the configured
DF Alg and capability (or a different one I guess), and not that the
advertisement is not received at all (because that might be hard to check),
right? Maybe you can rephrase this sentence a bit to make the intention more
clear!

However, think about this further, I wondering if there is something here that
such be discussed in the security considerations, e.g. how easy would it be for
an attacker to disturb the algo selection and cause a fallback to the default
scheme...?