[bess] John Scudder's No Objection on draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-evpn-aggregation-label-13: (with COMMENT)

John Scudder via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Wed, 04 October 2023 13:19 UTC

From: John Scudder via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-evpn-aggregation-label@ietf.org, bess-chairs@ietf.org, bess@ietf.org, slitkows.ietf@gmail.com, slitkows.ietf@gmail.com
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2023 06:19:14 -0700
Subject: [bess] John Scudder's No Objection on draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-evpn-aggregation-label-13: (with COMMENT)

John Scudder has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-evpn-aggregation-label-13: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-evpn-aggregation-label/

COMMENT:

Thanks for the quick turnaround. The update looks good, I’ll clear my discuss.
I have a couple new comments/questions regarding the “Context-Specific Label
Space ID Type” registry.

- Is there any existing group of registries you could suggest IANA organize the
new registry under? At first glance, it appears as though it might fit in the
“Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) Extended Communities” group, there are a bunch
of other (sub)type registries there. If you agree that’s the place for it, add
that suggestion in the IANA section.

- Probably add another line to the table, indicating values 1-255 are
unassigned. Unless you want to reserve value 255, sometimes people like to do
that, for various reasons. It doesn’t really seem necessary in this case, but
on the other hand, it may come under the heading of “can’t hurt, might help“.
In that case, it would be two new lines: “1-254, unassigned; 255, reserved”.