Re: [Bier] Explicit Tracking

"Dolganow, Andrew (Andrew)" <andrew.dolganow@alcatel-lucent.com> Wed, 07 January 2015 16:07 UTC

From: "Dolganow, Andrew (Andrew)" <andrew.dolganow@alcatel-lucent.com>
To: Eric C Rosen <erosen@juniper.net>, "Jeffrey (Zhaohui) Zhang" <zzhang@juniper.net>, BIER <bier@ietf.org>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2015 16:07:17 +0000
x-originating-ip: [135.5.27.17]
Subject: Re: [Bier] Explicit Tracking

Eric,

I think we converged. Please correct me:

1. I think we want to have 2 options for wildcard tracking
- return to wildcard tracking with wildcard Leaf A-D
- return to wildcard tracking with per (C-S, C-G) Leaf A-D

Correct?

My draft had only one option and clearly there were various assumptions
what type of Leaf A-D route you send to Sender PE based on wildcard match.

Now to handle two cases I agree we need an extra flag or something to
differentiate between response that sends Leaf A-D wildcard route and
response that sends Leaf A-D per (C-S, C-G) route.

Please note that my draft allows any wildcard tracking, so I assume you
not limiting tracking to only (C-*, C-G) wildcard as per below, correct?

Since this is a general explicit tracking, I propose we merge the two
proposals, so everyone can look at this from general explicit tracking
procedures for any case.

We probably should then bring this discussion to BLESS.

Andrew