Re: Request for Bibliography of IPv7 / Big Internet Documents

"Kent W. England" <kwe@bbn.com> Mon, 28 September 1992 17:58 UTC

From: "Kent W. England" <kwe@bbn.com>
Subject: Re: Request for Bibliography of IPv7 / Big Internet Documents
To: bill@wizard.gsfc.nasa.gov
Cc: big-internet@munnari.oz.au, kwe:;
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1992 13:18:44 -0400

Bill;

It doesn't look like ROAD will be published.  You could look at the
report to the San Diego IETF from Peter Ford and Phill Gross.  I think
it is the Proceedings of the 23rd IETF (just after Santa Fe).  Also
refer to the upcoming ID called "IESG Deliberations ..." from Phill
Gross that was also sent to big-internet on 17 Jun 92 in draft form.

Also see draft-rekhter-ipaddress-guide-0n.txt for guidelines that
accompany CIDR.

Then there is EIP, 2tier, and Ullmann version 7.  I don't know where
these are going, or if they will be defended in Nov.

EIP;  Wang; "The Extended Internet Protocol";  on munnari.oz.au:
big-internet/eip.txt

2tier; Wang & Crowcroft; "A Two Tier Address Structure ...";  RFC1335.txt

Uv7;  Ullmann; "TCP/IP: Internet Version 7"; ID:draft-ullmann-ipv7-00.txt

You could also read some background:

TTF;  Clark;  "Toward the Future Internet Architecture";  RFC1287.txt

Growth; Lottor; "Internet Growth (1981 - 1991)";  RFC1296.txt

IESG;  Gross; "IESG Deliberations ...";  soon to be an ID (sez Phill).

--Kent