Request for Bibliography of IPv7 / Big Internet Documents

Bill Fink <bill@wizard.gsfc.nasa.gov> Thu, 24 September 1992 08:44 UTC

From: Bill Fink <bill@wizard.gsfc.nasa.gov>
Subject: Request for Bibliography of IPv7 / Big Internet Documents
To: big-internet@munnari.oz.au
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1992 01:46:04 -0400

If it doesn't already exist (and if it does I haven't been able to
find it), could someone create a bibliography of all the relevant
documents relating to IP version 7 and Big Internet issues, including
the archive machines and file names for the documents?

Then, could this file be put in the internet-drafts directory under
some obvious name?  And finally, could all the relevant documents
include a reference to this bibliograpy file and its location?  This
would greatly assist people like me who are trying to get up to speed
on these issues before the November IETF meeting.

These are the documents that I know of with some comments thrown in:

	Acronym	Title/Archive			Author(s)
	-------	-------------			---------

	ROAD	The Internet Routing and	Brim, S.
		Addressing Task Force:		Ford, P.
		Summary Report

		?

		[I have not been able to find this document which
		is referenced by the next document and I have really
		searched for it]

	IPv7	IP Version 7			IAB

		nnsc.nsf.net:internet-drafts/draft-iab-ipversion7-00.txt

	C#	A Revision to IP Address	Solensky, F.
		Classifications			Kastenholz, F.

		nnsc.nsf.net:internet-drafts/draft-solensky-csharp-00.txt

	CIDR	RFC 1338			Fuller, V.
		Supernetting: an Address	Li, T.
		Assignment and Aggregation	Yu, J.
		Strategy			Varadhan, K.

		nic.ddn.mil:rfc/rfc1338.txt

		[Once you translate your search key from CIDR to
		supernetting, you've got it made to find this]

	TUBA	RFC 1347			Callon, R.
		TCP and UDP with Bigger
		Addresses (TUBA), A Simple
		Proposal for Internet
		Addressing and Routing

		nic.ddn.mil:rfc/rfc1347.txt

		Use of ISO CLNP in TUBA		Piscitello, D.
		Environments

		nnsc.nsf.net:internet-drafts/draft-piscitello-clnp-00.txt

	IPAE	A Proposal for IP Address	Hinden, R.
		Encapsulation (IPAE): A		Crocker, D.
		Compatible Version of IP
		with Large Addresses

		nnsc.nsf.net:internet-drafts/draft-crocker-ip-encaps-00.txt

	NAT	The IP Network Address		Tsuchiya, P.
		Translator (Nat):
		Preliminary Design

		nnsc.nsf.net:internet-drafts/draft-tsuchiya-addrtrans-00.txt

		[Once you translate your search key from NAT to
		addrtrans, you've got it made to find this.  Also
		made more difficult to find by not being in the
		1id-abstracts.txt file]

	PIP	Pip: The `P' Internet Protocol	Tsuchiya, P.

		nnsc.nsf.net:internet-drafts/draft-tsuchiya-pip-00.txt

		Pip Overview and Examples	Tsuchiya, P.

		nnsc.nsf.net:internet-drafts/draft-tsuchiya-pip-overview-01.txt

	NIMROD	The IP Addressing Issue		Chiappa, N.

		nnsc.nsf.net:internet-drafts/draft-chiappa-ipaddressing-00.txt

		A New IP Routing and		Chiappa, N.
		Addressing Architecture

		nnsc.nsf.net:internet-drafts/draft-chiappa-routing-00.txt

		[I think the above is correct although I didn't find
		the acronym NIMROD referenced anywhere.  This made
		finding these documents difficult until I put two and
		two together and linked them via their author, namely
		Noel Chiappa.  I thought NIMROD stood for New Internet
		Model for Routing and Addressing but that's obviously
		not quite right.  On a similar vein, why is it IPv7?
		What happened to IPv5 and IPv6?]

	UNIFIED	RFC 1322			Estrin, D.
		A Unified Approach to		Rekhter, Y.
		Inter-Domain Routing		Hotz, S.

		nic.ddn.mil:rfc/rfc1322.txt

	SIP	SIP: A Simple Internet		Deering, S.
		Protocol

		parcftp.xerox.com:pub/net-research/sip-spec

		[This was just announced to the big-internet list
		and isn't in any on-line index of documents which
		will make it difficult for others to find]

For all the Internet Drafts, I think it would be extremely helpful
if the usual acronym for the proposal appeared in the file name of
the document so it could be easily found by searching the index file
and also in the 1id-abstracts.txt file.

Could anyone add to this list of must read documents to prepare
for the November IETF?  And does anyone know where the ROAD document
lives?  Also, it might be nice to list any associated mail lists for
the above together with the archive site for the mail list.

I hope someone else finds all this useful.

						-Bill