Re: [CCAMP] Fw: New Version Notification for draft-vallin-ccamp-alarm-module-00.txt

NICK HANCOCK <nick.hancock@adtran.com> Wed, 11 October 2017 16:42 UTC

From: NICK HANCOCK <nick.hancock@adtran.com>
To: Martin Bjorklund <mbj@tail-f.com>, "ccamp@ietf.org" <ccamp@ietf.org>
CC: JOEY BOYD <joey.boyd@adtran.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2017 16:42:24 +0000
x-originating-ip: [172.20.61.227]
Subject: Re: [CCAMP] Fw: New Version Notification for draft-vallin-ccamp-alarm-module-00.txt

Dear All,

We have been following the progress of the Internet-draft 'draft-vallin-netmod-alarm-module' with great interest and believe that the fundamental concepts behind this data model and its objectives are important for the industry and ADTRAN intends to implement support for the YANG Alarm Module within its equipment once the draft is published as an RFC.

Therefore, we welcome the latest development to progress this draft to an RFC as the lack of a standardized YANG data model for the management of alarms may result in vendors and operators not waiting for the draft to progress to an RFC and begin implementing their own proprietary solutions in the short term. The longer this situation remains, the more difficult it would be to achieve convergence across the industry.

In the meantime, we will begin providing our feedback on the content of the draft.

Regards,
Nick Hancock & Joey Boyd