RE: I-D Action:draft-takacs-ccamp-revertive-ps-00.txt

"Attila Takacs" <Attila.Takacs@ericsson.com> Wed, 09 July 2008 14:16 UTC

Subject: RE: I-D Action:draft-takacs-ccamp-revertive-ps-00.txt
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2008 16:11:54 +0200
From: Attila Takacs <Attila.Takacs@ericsson.com>
To: PAPADIMITRIOU Dimitri <Dimitri.Papadimitriou@alcatel-lucent.be>, Loa Andersson <loa@pi.nu>, ccamp <ccamp@ops.ietf.org>
Sender: owner-ccamp@ops.ietf.org

Hi Dimitri,

Thanks for the comments!
Pease see inline.
Best regards,
Attila

With regards to PBB-TE, 1:1 bidirectional protection with or without
reversion is supported by the data plane and are executed in data plane
independently of management or external signaling. However, this
requires to configure both endpoints the same way, i.e., protection with
or without reversion. For this RSVP-TE needs to add signaling of the
revertive property.

> also do u need a V bit, or isn't the WTR time with a reserved
> value not sufficient e.g. 0x0 ? when for inst. the locally
> configured timer would be used (no timer signaled).

Agreed, we would not need a bit if we had a WTR field with a reserved
value. On the other hand, if the WTR value is not required to change on
a per-LSP basis, which is possibly the general case, we would not need a
WTR field occupying several bits, instead just have single revertive
bit.

> the revertive operation is associated to LSP right ? why did
> you pull this into the 16-bit space for Link specific
> operation (before link flags ?)

I think there are options to place this information:

-it could have a dedicated bit (V) as it is in the ID
-alternatively reversion may be added to LSP Flags as a specific
protection type (e.g., adding new types such as Revertive 1:N
Protection, Revertive 1+1 Bidirectional Protection,...)

-you are right about the WTR time, it should go before the LSP Flags