Re: Chair review of draft-ietf-ccamp-inter-domain-rsvp-te-04.txt

Dimitri.Papadimitriou@alcatel-lucent.be Sun, 25 February 2007 20:59 UTC

To: "BRUNGARD, DEBORAH A, ATTLABS" <dbrungard@att.com>
Cc: Adrian Farrel <adrian@olddog.co.uk>, Arthi Ayyangar <arthi@nuovasystems.com>, ccamp@ops.ietf.org, JP Vasseur <jvasseur@cisco.com>, owner-ccamp@ops.ietf.org
Subject: Re: Chair review of draft-ietf-ccamp-inter-domain-rsvp-te-04.txt
From: Dimitri.Papadimitriou@alcatel-lucent.be
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 21:42:56 +0100
Sender: owner-ccamp@ops.ietf.org

deborah, all

o) section 3.4: processing is clearly indicated but on inter-domain basis
one of the issue is that the processing can have to be performed on nodes
that will further Notifies toward an AS-path that is completely different
from its corresponding TE LSP e.g. A-B-...-C-D, but Notify msg flows along
A-F-C-D, or A-B-F-D, we have a situation where B Notify msg toward X would
travel via the tail-end (D) and C Notify msg would loop via the head-end
(A) - advisable to prevent such thing

      ----------E--------
     |                   |
e.g. A --- B -... X ...- C --- D
           |                   |
            ---------F---------

o) section 6: it is unclear from section 6 why an LSP head-end would ever
desire to exercise control re-opt in part. when non-contiguous, at the end
the only realistic reason for requesting such kind of request from the
head-end is lost of performance e.g increasing loss, delay, etc.

there is also a clear diff. between a desirable re-opt. when the LSP is
contiguous (and thus triggerable only by the head-end) and a
local-/domain-specific resource re-opt. in other cases

o) section 7: the document could be more specific for the hello exchanges
at inter-domain boundaries - in the same section specific security in
using MPLS-BFD for end-to-end TE LSP should be clarified

thanks,
- d.

"BRUNGARD, DEBORAH A, ATTLABS" <dbrungard@att.com>
Sent by: owner-ccamp@ops.ietf.org