Re: Bandwidth modification in GMPLS

"manoj juneja" <manojkumarjuneja@hotmail.com> Mon, 03 December 2001 22:34 UTC

From: manoj juneja <manojkumarjuneja@hotmail.com>
To: dimitri.papadimitriou@alcatel.be, mvissers@lucent.com
Cc: ccamp@ops.ietf.org, kireeti@juniper.net, eric.mannie@gtsgroup.com, hhelvoort@lucent.com
Bcc:
Subject: Re: Bandwidth modification in GMPLS
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 15:34:30 -0700

Hi Dimitri/Marteen,

              I got the idea that the bandwidth modification for
SDH/SONET LSPs has to be supported by using the LBM draft. What about
the bandwidth modification for LSC LSPs ? How these are supported ? Are
the bandwidth modification for LSC LSPs need to be supported using the
RSVP-TE procedures ? I hope that the bandwidth modification for FSC
LSPs is not allowed ?

What about the SE style of reservation ? Is it supported in GMPLS ?

Is it that bandwidth modification for LSC/FSC LSPs are allowed by first
establsihing the new LSP and then tearing down the old (with/without
double booking of resources) ?

Please correct me I am wrong.

Regards,
manoj.