Re: [CCAMP] Fw: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-ccamp-lmp-behavior-negotiation-03

Julien Meuric <julien.meuric@orange-ftgroup.com> Wed, 13 April 2011 10:01 UTC

Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 12:01:26 +0200
From: Julien Meuric <julien.meuric@orange-ftgroup.com>
To: Dan Li <huawei.danli@huawei.com>
Cc: ccamp@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [CCAMP] Fw: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-ccamp-lmp-behavior-negotiation-03

Hi Dan.

Thanks for the update. Just 2 comments for me.

In section 3, the case of silently ignored BEHAVIOUR_CONFIG object (and
the malformed message suggested by Lou) is not explicitly mentioned in
the following text. If it is deferred to RFC 4204, a simple sentence
would be helpful.

About, the B bit, I believe the "core procedures" from RFC 4204
("control channel management" and "link property correlation") should
not allow negotiation, so removing the B bit is fine. All the same, RFC
4204 is not a single feature: would not it make sense to consider the
"additional procedures", i.e. "link connectivity verification" and
"fault management", in BEHAVIOUR_CONFIG? (e.g. V and F bits)

Regards,

Julien