Re: [CCAMP] New Version Notification for draft-zhang-ccamp-sson-framework-00.txt

wang.qilei@zte.com.cn Tue, 06 March 2012 12:41 UTC

To: Zhangfatai <zhangfatai@huawei.com>
From: wang.qilei@zte.com.cn
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2012 19:48:10 +0800
Cc: CCAMP <ccamp@ietf.org>, ccamp-bounces@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [CCAMP] New Version Notification for draft-zhang-ccamp-sson-framework-00.txt

Hi, Fatai,

I send this mail to remind you that there already exists one framework
document.
You can find the detail:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wang-ccamp-gmpls-flexigrid-framework-00

"Some people may not understand that
[draft-zhang-ccamp-flexible-grid-requirements] was actually described from
framework perspective. "

I think this sentence in your mail would confuse people. In my opinion,
requirement draft is different from framework draft, because they have
different function. Framework draft, such as [RFC6163], includes the
description of how to model the network. Requirement draft can not take
the place of framework place. I began to write the flexbile grid framework
draft after reading your requirement draft.

In Taipei meeting, Young also said: "We saw a lot of solutions documents
(for flexi-grid) already, we need a framework document but there are no
clear requirements", He also expressed the same meaning if I have the
right understanding.

Thanks
Qilei

Zhangfatai <zhangfatai@huawei.com>
发件人:  ccamp-bounces@ietf.org
2012-03-06 11:52

收件人
CCAMP <ccamp@ietf.org>
抄送

主题
Re: [CCAMP] New Version Notification for
draft-zhang-ccamp-sson-framework-00.txt

Hi CCAMPers,

A new draft about framework for SSON (Spectrum Switched Optical Network)
has been submitted.

Some people may not understand that
[draft-zhang-ccamp-flexible-grid-requirements] was actually described from
framework perspective.

Therefore, to make things clear, we made the framework draft based on the
requirement draft by changing the title and reconstructing the content of
the requrirment draft.

Please check out for detail:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zhang-ccamp-sson-framework-00

Any comments or suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

Thanks

Fatai