[CCAMP] R: A couple of comments on draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-signaling-g709v3-02

"BELOTTI, SERGIO (SERGIO)" <sergio.belotti@alcatel-lucent.com> Thu, 19 April 2012 15:03 UTC

From: "BELOTTI, SERGIO (SERGIO)" <sergio.belotti@alcatel-lucent.com>
To: Lou Berger <lberger@labn.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 17:03:12 +0200
acceptlanguage: it-IT, en-US
Cc: CCAMP <ccamp@ietf.org>, "draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-signaling-g709v3@tools.ietf.org" <draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-signaling-g709v3@tools.ietf.org>
Subject: [CCAMP] R: A couple of comments on draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-signaling-g709v3-02

Hi Lou,

For question 1)

TSG is an adaptation information that has meaning only in the context of OTN multiplexing. Nothing to do with G-PID that obviously has to carry information regarding client so, ODUj. Moreover TSG information could not be done with G-PID, because this TSG information only makes sense to the penultimate hop and G-PID cannot specify 1.25 or 2.5G so far. In this case,47 (ODUj) will be carried in G-PID.

For question 2)

Hierarchy information has been introduced to help penultimate hop (always in case ERO information are not exhaustive) choosing the right interface e.g. two interfaces supporting both the correct TSG but not the same client hierarchy. This added information is used to guarantee the possibility about the correct multiplexing/demultiplexing process.

G-PID at the moment consider a number of codes that does not cover all the different “mapping” used for the same carried payload e.g. typical example is 10Gb Eth. So we added Swtiching Cap and Encoding information like the OTN layers + adaptation field , in order to better distinguish also the client OTN layer. Exploiting on the G-PID, can bring two problems:

a)    We would need to add G-PID information inside the new Type new object , having a not-homogeneous  format with respect the other layers.

b)    As said before, it wouldn’t be exhaustive with respect real mapping beyond the same payload.

Best Regards

Sergio and Daniele