Further communication received from the OIF

"Adrian Farrel" <adrian@olddog.co.uk> Sat, 10 June 2006 18:04 UTC

From: Adrian Farrel <adrian@olddog.co.uk>
To: ccamp@ops.ietf.org
Subject: Further communication received from the OIF
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 18:55:50 +0100
Sender: owner-ccamp@ops.ietf.org

Hi,

We have received a communication from the OIF.

You can see the original files on http://www.olddog.co.uk/ccamp.htm

The text of the communication is included below.

Adrian

===

To: Adrian Farrel and Deborah Brungard, IETF CCAMP WG Co-Chairs
From: Jim Jones, OIF TC Chair
Copy: Ross Callon and Bill Fenner, IETF Routing Area Directors
Subject: OIF Draft Documents Provided for CCAMP Information and Comment

Dear Adrian and Deborah,

It was reported to us that members of the CCAMP WG expressed interest in
reviewing and understanding some of the current activities in the OIF
regarding interworking and optical routing protocols. Accordingly, we are
attaching current copies of draft documents in progress in these two areas,
for your information and comment. Please note that the interworking
guidelines draft is based on existing standards specifications from ITU-T
and IETF, and the routing protocol draft specifies the requirements on and
use of OSPF-TE at the E-NNI, using G.7715/7715.1 as a basis. It documents
work that has been prototyped, tested and updated based on OIF
demonstrations in 2003-5. It leaves room for protocol extensions to be added
as corresponding work in IETF and ITU-T is completed.

Some members have reported on
draft-dimitri-ccamp-gmpls-ason-routing-sol-01.txt, which initiates work in
CCAMP towards defining the protocol extensions needed to meet E-NNI
requirements. It was observed that with minor changes some of the extensions
defined in the draft could be aligned with those used in working
implementations that have been tested in conjunction with OIF
interoperability events. Related extensions include the Node IPv4 local
prefix sub-TLV and the Local and Remote TE_Router_ID sub-TLV. We believe
that a key area needing review is whether the proposed extensions meet the
full independence of functional component to physical location provided in
G.8080/G.7715/G.7715.1 .

I'd also like to note that I have informed OIF members about the discussion
of draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-addressing-03.txt and the survey of which ERO
options are being supported, and asked that they provide any feedback
directly to Adrian or the CCAMP list.

The OIF continues to be interested in establishing a formal liaison
relationship with CCAMP and other IETF WGs as the best way to keep both
bodies informed of each others' progress and working in concert, and would
like input from the IETF chairs on how to pursue this next step.

Best regards,
Jim Jones
OIF Technical Committee Chair

Attachments:
1) Interworking Guidelines project plan (oif2004.442.03)
2) Interworking Guidelines draft text (oif2006.028.03)
3) E-NNI Routing 1.0 draft text (oif2005.313.05)