Re: Polling for WG adoption ofdraft-chen-ccamp-ospf-interas-te-extension-02.txt

Mach Chen <mach@huawei.com> Wed, 16 May 2007 06:57 UTC

Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 14:47:34 +0800
From: Mach Chen <mach@huawei.com>
Subject: Re: Polling for WG adoption ofdraft-chen-ccamp-ospf-interas-te-extension-02.txt
To: LE ROUX Jean-Louis RD-CORE-LAN <jeanlouis.leroux@orange-ftgroup.com>
Cc: adrian@olddog.co.uk, ccamp@ops.ietf.org
Sender: owner-ccamp@ops.ietf.org

Hi JL,

first, thanks for you supports!

please see inline
----- Original Message -----
From: "LE ROUX Jean-Louis RD-CORE-LAN" <jeanlouis.leroux@orange-ftgroup.com>
To: <adrian@olddog.co.uk>; <ccamp@ops.ietf.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2007 1:19 AM

Hi Adrian, all

This is a useful draft and I support it as WG doc.

>>Mach:  thanks

I have one minor concern related to the link ID.
Using the remote TE router ID is a bit restrictive and may raise
security issues.
Actually it would work as well with a remote interface address, for
instance the address used to build the eBGP session, and this would
avoid communicating yet another address.
To summarize the link ID could be any address of the remote ASBR,
including but not limited to the TE router ID.

>>Mach:
As defined in RFC3630:
    "The Link ID sub-TLV identifies the other end of the link.  For
   point-to-point links, this is the Router ID of the neighbor.  For
   multi-access links, this is the interface address of the designated
   router.  The Link ID is identical to the contents of the Link ID
   field in the Router LSA for these link types. "

Yes, there are several candidates could be used to summarize the Link ID, such as remote Router ID, remote interface address and remote TE router ID( sometimes maybe the same as Router ID),  since remote interface address has already carried in the Remote Interface Address Sub-TLV(defined in RFC3630); so, for point-to-point inter-AS link, as defined in this I-D, it's seems to be a better choice that the Link ID sub-TLV carries the TE router ID of the remote ASBR .

Also that would be great to have the same extension for IS-IS...

>>Mach: yes, a separate I-D will be proposed soon.

Regards,

JL