RE: Polling for WG adoption ofdraft-chen-ccamp-ospf-interas-te-extension-02.txt

"LE ROUX Jean-Louis RD-CORE-LAN" <jeanlouis.leroux@orange-ftgroup.com> Tue, 15 May 2007 17:30 UTC

Subject: RE: Polling for WG adoption ofdraft-chen-ccamp-ospf-interas-te-extension-02.txt
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 19:19:10 +0200
From: LE ROUX Jean-Louis RD-CORE-LAN <jeanlouis.leroux@orange-ftgroup.com>
To: adrian@olddog.co.uk, ccamp@ops.ietf.org
Sender: owner-ccamp@ops.ietf.org

Hi Adrian, all

This is a useful draft and I support it as WG doc.

I have one minor concern related to the link ID.
Using the remote TE router ID is a bit restrictive and may raise
security issues.
Actually it would work as well with a remote interface address, for
instance the address used to build the eBGP session, and this would
avoid communicating yet another address.
To summarize the link ID could be any address of the remote ASBR,
including but not limited to the TE router ID.

Also that would be great to have the same extension for IS-IS...

Regards,

JL